Things to do in María la Gorda
Thing to do
- ✓ Diving at the International Diving Center.
- ✓ Nature tourism: observation, walks.
- It is recommended that if you are diving in Cuba you take your own kit with you. The minimum kit you should take is a dive computer or own depth gauge so that you can confidently monitor your dive. Cuba is a poor country and dive centres may not be ran to the standard that you are familiar with elsewhere. It is also important to thoroughly check kit before each dive, be aware of your limits and not be afraid to ask the dive guides to stay shallow or slow down if you do not feel comfortable.
Thing to do
- ✓ Explore the Guanahacabibes Penninsula, Biosphere Reserve.
- ✓ From Maria la Gorda you can travel to other interesting destinations in the province like: Las Terrazas, Soroa, Viñales, city of Pinar del Rio.
- ✓ Water sports: boat rides, submarine photograph, snorkeling.
- ✓ Paraiso Perdido (Lost paradise)
- ✓ Ancla del Pirata (Pirate Anchor)
- ✓ Las Tetas de Maria (The Teats of Maria)
- ✓ El Salon de Maria (The Salon de Maria)
- ✓ El Almirante (Admiral)
- ✓ Yemaya(Goddess of the Sea)
- ✓ El Acuario(The aquarium)
- ✓ Jardin de las Gorgonias (Garden of Gorgonias)
- ✓ El Encanto (The charm)